Wednesday 26 June 2013

An introduction

Hello Internet!

I am Nisa, and this is going to be a personal blog of sorts, where I post up my own take on certain subjects that interest me. I hope that it will spark some kind of debate for people, so if anyone should wish to comment on the posts here, you are more than welcome.

This blog essentially came about because I discovered the PBS Idea Channel on Youtube. Every week they post videos presenting a particular debate in which popular culture is looked at from a new and interesting point of view. And every week, without fail, their videos succeed in jump-starting my brain and taking it in new directions that I never anticipated, so much so that I yearn to respond. The only problem is that I don't have a Youtube channel, and I don't feel that I really have much reason to get one. But, I've been blogging for over two years now, so why not write down my thoughts there? Thus, we arrive here. I've decided that I will go through and respond to their previous videos, just so that I have them out of the way, then the responses will slow to a weekly feature. In addition, if anything else turns up on my radar, topical or otherwise, then that will probably turn up in some form.

Hope to hear from people soon,
Nisa.

P.S.
Hi to all those who read my book review blog. Nice to see you here.

P.P.S.
Here's the link for those of you intrigued by the concept of the Idea Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment